Today was day one of the "hunt for an oncologist" to take me through the first stage of my treatment for PC. Sue and I learned a lot from Dr. Chen. His proposed plan has me getting another CT scan next week to check development of the two spots on my liver. It's critical to learn whether they are cancerous or not as well as how fast they may growing. With any luck they will be the same size as 6 or 7 weeks ago. We discussed chemo drugs and learned how it's administered. Sound like fun.
Also arranged for a second oncology consultation next Wednesday at City of Hope with world renowned Dr. Fong thanks to our dear friend Chuck Reilly.
Lastly, today I spoke with a PC Cancer Survivor named Lionel, who was referred to me by our dear Jana. What an inspiration. He shared his experiences to date and took some of the unknown out of what lies ahead for me. Nice to have someone with experience to reach out to for help and advice. Thank you Jana.
We're gearing up for the fight.
Murray an Sue, this blog is a great idea. Helps everyone stay posted on developments without you having to tell "the story" a thousand times every day and every week. Just wanted you all to know how much I love you guys and obviously I want to be on the front lines of the fight with you all the way until you beat this thing.
ReplyDeleteThanks Howard
ReplyDeleteMurray I couldn't agree more with Howard! What a wonderful way to keep all of us who love you and your family up to date with the latest information! I've got your back and have joined in on the fight! Love you all!!!!!
ReplyDelete