Monday, May 11, 2015

Monday May 11th

Busy and Successful day...

Today I was successful scheduling four separate oncology consultations to interview potential doctors to take me on this journey and a CT/PET Scan at Hoag Hospital Irvine for tomorrow morning. These doctors all come highly recommended and are associated with the cancer centers at City of Hope, UCLA, Cedars and USC.  The goal is to ask a million questions, get comfortable with a practitioner (if that's possible) and discover if they all follow a "standard chemo protocol"  or are there options for treatment that can be considered at this stage?

For those of you that didn't catch this 60 Minute story this past December, it's worth watching (or reading).  There's a lot of great work being done that is showing real promise in curing cancer.  I'm trying to connect with the UCLA doctors at the center of the survival story about David Roy discussed in the piece.  Worth watching.


http://www.cbsnews.com/news/billionaire-doctor-fights-cancer-in-unconventional-way/

I appreciate all the calls healing wishes coming my way.


5 comments:

  1. Just read the article - is Dr. Isacoff the UCLA doc referred to in the article? Does he work with people with other types of cancer? A very close friend just got a stage 4 renal cancer diagnosis & I would love for her to be able to see someone like your doctor
    Bev

    ReplyDelete