Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while.....Things got a little too crazy.
Here's a brief summary of recent events leading up to surgery this Tuesday May 17th.
On Sunday April 10th Sue and I celebrated my brother Jeff's birthday (with my sister-in-law Lisa) with a lovely dinner at Del Frisco's in Santa Monica. We had a great time but it ended with me having a serious headache that wouldn't go away. By Tuesday the 10th after lunch, it became apparent to everyone including me that something was wrong. I couldn't type and speech became difficult. Jason drove me home but within an hour or so he and Sue made the decision to take me immediately to UCLA Med Center where I was quickly tested for a stroke or seizure and admitted to Neuro ICU where I stayed for the next 5 days unable to speak or understand anything others said. Turns out I had blood in my brain which made me rather insane but to make a very long story short everything is now fine. I didn't start acting normal until that Saturday morning and they checked me out on Tuesday the 19th. I went back to ER on Thursday thinking that I was having a stroke, but everything checked out and I am well now but only because my sons and wife took immediate action and cared for me in a manner I can't ever adequately describe. They couldn't have been more amazing during this episode.
Anyway.....four weeks later and all is well. I'm set for surgery this coming Tuesday with Dr. Fong at COH. I should be there for about a week as they want to keep an eye on me and limit my activity. The surgery is only about 2 1/2 hours long and if all goes well should be a simple "clean up" procedure; removal of 1/3 of my pancreas and what's left of my spleen. Dr Fong will remove as many lymph nodes he thinks would aid in my long term health and anything else he thinks looks potentially cancerous. (hopefully there is very little or none of this).
So please cross your fingers, say a prayer and stay posted for surgical results to be posted next week.
M
No comments:
Post a Comment