Thursday, November 5, 2015

Bag on track

Good news today regarding my platlet count. Back up to normal levels, so I received  a mega dose of Chemo today. nearly 4 hours long!  

Thankfully,  I do not have to wear  the 5FU portable pump.  Yippie.

I will be celebrating my 61st birthday this Sunday.  Those of you that have known me a while have been conditioned to my previous philosophy, which could only be described as absolute disdain, toward such celebrations.  Franky, until my mother passed away, I would forward calls to her as she was the only one deserving of recognition on my birthday.  She's the one that did something special on that day worth celebrating. 

But with the addition of cancer as part of my "new reality" I now gladly embrace the celebration of these milestones in my life.  I truly believe that (along with my amazing support group of family, friends and medical team) I am making herculean efforts now worthy of such recognition from this point forward. 

So we will celebrate my birthday this Sunday!

We will appreciate and thank God for allowing us to get to this day.

We will take seriously for the first time the last line generally tagged on to the classic birthday song...."and many more" and start making plans Monday morning for the celebration of my soon to be 62nd birthday on November 8th 2016. 

Everything else is just dandy.
All the best to everyone.

M

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Murray.....and to many, many more ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you to the moon!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated happy birthday wishes. You share the same bd as my ex husband! 🎂🎂

    ReplyDelete