Today's session went quite well.
Francine kept me company and the time was filled with wonderful conversation that made the nearly four hours fly by. I can't express in words adequately what my Aunt Francine has meant to me, my wife and the boys over this past few years with the passing of my mother, her sister and now this new challenge. Taking our relationship to this new level has been simply the most unexpectedly welcome side effect of fighting cancer. Being so close in age I have always longed for a brother sister relationship with that level of sibling closeness; someone I can share anything with and I'm so blessed to have that in my life with her now. Enough of that for now. ....she reads this and I want her to stay humble and unaffected. Francine. ...I love you with all my heart!
Doc is definitely pressing the Chemo plan to get the cancer out of my blood. Today he gave me the "Full Monty" office treatment and sent me home for the second week in a row with the 5FU portable pump set with a weeks' worth of meds administered in only 2 days. Heavy dose for sure, but I'd rather disconnect in 2 days than wear the pump for 7 days.
Also, Sue and I are heading to the wedding of our niece in Vermont on Wednesday, so I won't have any treatment next week. Yippee! !
Otherwise all is good and I continue to handle the treatments very well.
Thanks to all for your continued prayers and encouraging comments.
Resting with my pal Louie.
Keep doing all the right stuff! You're always in my thoughts! Cute pic with Louie 🐾🐾
ReplyDelete